We are now back from observing the Feast of Tabernacles in Florida and are settling back into our normal schedules. I thought I would have time to keep up with posting frequently during our stay, but we stayed pretty busy. The down time we did have wasn’t real conducive to writing. Too many distractions with having the beach that close!

We stayed at the Pelican Beach Resort in Destin. They have two buildings and our condo was in the Pelican building, which looks out over the Gulf. This is our second year for attending this Feast site. It is hosted by a sister congregation of ours in Big Sandy, Texas (www.churchofgodbigsandy.com). We drove down the day before the first day of the Feast. It is a 12-hour drive, but Florida is worth it. Growing up, my family vacationed in Florida almost every year in the fall so I love going back to the beach. We stayed for 8 nights. We had planned on waking up very early Tuesday morning, but Savannah was fussy and we were wide-awake Monday night so we decided to leave out then. We were certainly tired the next day and I wouldn’t suggest to anyone to do that – haha.

The site is nice because it doesn’t over-schedule things. Services are each morning and there are only a handful of Bible studies and other events hosted. The rest of the social events are left up to the attendees. We try to work in plenty of family time so much of our time was spent doing things we wanted to do together while we had the free time. Mostly, we just enjoyed having uninterrupted time together. It was only a handful of times that Travis and I were a part and I loved that. It got a little long in the middle because Savannah was teething real bad and had a runny nose. She was still pretty good for being a bit fussy though. Travis had a couple days that his sinuses bothered him too. I don’t know if it was because of the weather or what.

Speaking of the weather, it was crazy! A large group of us went out to eat the Monday night after we got there at McGuire’s (www.mcguiresirishpub.com), which we LOVE. We eat there at least once every time we are down and I fully recommend it to anyone down that way. Anyway, the night we got together it was raining. No big deal, right? It rained 14 inches that night! I think we were the first to leave because Savannah was getting fussy and we were tired. The streets were already flooding and it rained the rest of the night. It was raining so hard it was hard to see and the roads had standing water. One intersection we went through had water maybe 4 or 5 inches deep in it. It was deep enough in the resort’s driveway and we hit it just right to cause the Escape to momentarily sputter. We were happy to be parked and back at our condo!

I do have to say, Savannah handled the trip fairly well both ways, but the trip back was the smoothest. Driving during her normal sleeping hours made the trip a lot easier on her. She woke a couple times and needed tending to. After that however, she slept to her normal time to get up at 7 am. By then, we were closing in on Little Rock. Over all, the trip went every well. I will have to tell y’all about a couple other things we did, but for now I’d better go get busy. Hope y’all have a wonderful day!