It’s finally done! I made a crochet hat for Savannah in the same style of the baby set I made previously. It should be a size she can wear the next few winters. 

I had to increase the pattern to fit her head. I almost doubled the number of beginning stitches to make the circumference come out right. Then I was able to follow the pattern rhythm on the rest. I did add to the number of rounds in the body to make sure the hat would cover her ears. For this, I put it on her and estimated how many rounds I would need to add before the last two binding rounds. 

It was actually a lot easier to adjust this pattern to a larger size than I thought it would be. I can’t wait to start on my next project! I got out a couple pattern booklets I have. Now, I just have to decide which one to try next. 

Advertisements