I haven’t had all that much to write about this week. I have spent most of it getting supplies and organized for the farmers market that starts next month. I have also been doing research for a craft project that I won’t be revealing until the fall. 

After drying mushrooms earlier this week, I have now also dried some strawberries. The first batch turned out pretty good. I cut off stems and sliced them about 1/4 inch but my slices weren’t real even. I put them on lined cooling racks. In a preheated oven of 200 degrees Fahrenheit, I left them in for around 3 to 3 1/2 hours with a wooden spoon handle stuck in the door to vent. Some of the slices I got too thick and were still gooey. I could have left them in for longer to finish drying but I just ate them. I put the others in a glass jar once they cooled. 

I tried a different liner on the second batch and ruined them. Be sure to use a heavy parchment paper for your liner. I wanted to try dehydrating banana chips too but my bananas were too ripe. Instead I stuck popcycle sticks in them and froze them for a treat for Savannah. 

I’ve got a full list for today and tomorrow as I begin my spring cleaning. Hopefully, I will have more things of interest to write about soon!

Advertisements